1. Do include your best work.
2. Make sure your portfolio flows.
3. Make your portfolio targeted for the roll/job you are going for. Eg: Don't include loads of character work if you after an environment design roll.
4. Put your best pieces first and last
5. Have an electronic, on-line and hard copy version of your portfolios.
6. Don't include gore/blood images unless you are going for a job for a horror job.
7. Don't put in work your portfolio that is not yours!
8. Don't include potential insulting or degrading images!
9. Make sure you have permission to show work you have done for other clients and in what format you can show it.
10. Include around 24 -30 images tops in your portfolio, AD's only have a limited time to view your stuff! (You cold include a good recent sketch book at the back for a hard copy portfolio, if the client / AD has time they might take a look and only offer them to look it at it if they ask about it and it should serve support your port)